The Car Driving in Golden Time #15 is Insane

GoldenTimeDriving10

From a Swedish perspective.

So I just watched episode 15 of Golden Time. It bothered me immensely.

Let me tell you why.

GoldenTimeDriving01

You cannot see it in this picture, but “2D-kun” (Satou Takaya) here is frantically turning the steering wheel despite driving on a straight street in the city.

WHY

GoldenTimeDriving02

Hey, Tada Banri and Kaga Kouko have decided to sit in the back seat. While one of them sitting in the front seat would be preferable, it is understandable if they want to stay back there for easier chatting between each other. But…

WHY ARE YOU SITTING IN THE MIDDLE, KOUKO?!

While studies show that sitting in the middle might be safer, at least for children, there is a catch here: Kouko only has a lap seat belt. That is less safe than if she had moved a tiny bit left and used a three-point seat belt.

OH, AND PUT YOUR BAG (LOOSE OBJECT) ON THE FLOOR

GoldenTimeDriving03

KOUKO STOP DISTRACTING THE DRIVER YOU FOOL

GoldenTimeDriving05

GoldenTimeDriving04

If you look closely, you can see the indicators flashing despite the car standing still. At first I thought 2D-kun only used the left indicator to signal that he was merely standing still, WHICH IS NOT ALLOWED IF I MAY ADD, but it turned out I was wrong. As you can see in the pictures above, both indicators are flashing…

Wait a minute…

Both?

Does that mean that… 2D-kun is using the hazard lights, which should only be used when warning other drivers of a hazard (usually your own car being busted)?

After a quick trip to the Internet, this actually seems to be somewhat commonplace in Japan. When stopping on the side of a road, or even when “thanking” other drivers, Japanese people use hazard lights. This sounds insane, but it would explain the above situation.

BUT IT IS STILL WRONG!!

PLUS, DO I EVEN HAVE TO MENTION HOW THE CAR IS CLOSER THAN 10 METERS OF THE JUNCTION?!?!?!?!

GoldenTimeDriving06

Not related to driving at all, but… your hands will be full of grease after eating those potato sticks, 2D-kun. That is a sin in itself *sniff*.

GoldenTimeDriving07

Look, now Oka “Better than Kouko but worse than Linda” Chinami has joined this disastrous party. Hooray!

PUT THE DAMN BAG ON THE FLOOR LIKE A GOOD PERSON WOULD

GoldenTimeDriving08

Please look at the street, 2D-kun. It can be dangerou—

GoldenTimeDriving09

WHY THE HECK DO YOU LOOK AWAY FOR SIX WHOLE SECONDS YOU IDIOT!!!!!!

GoldenTimeDriving11

AND NOW WE HAVE A FLIPPIN’ GHOST WITH US?!?!?!

GoldenTimeDriving12

You know, 2D-kun, I am starting to doubt your driving skills. When you are moving out into traffic you are supposed to signal it by flashing your indicator.

YET YOU DID NOT!!!

GoldenTimeDriving13

Not only are you terrible at driving, 2D-kun, but you are also a total jerk by not driving closer to the bathroom for the sake of Kouko not getting drenched in the rain. I thought you were a cool guy, 2D-kun!

GoldenTimeDriving14
Can I please burn your driver’s license, 2D-kun? If you are tired, please do not attempt to drive. No, having a conversation with others to keep you awake is not a valid method (and you other people in Golden Time are dumb too for not stopping him). If you are tired, take a quick nap or let someone else drive. Simply put: try to feel fully awake and alert.

GoldenTimeDriving15

K-Kouko?! You… you have a driver’s license? And you are suggesting to drive instead of 2D-kun since he is tired? A-Are you trying to win me over here, Kouko? Redeeming yourself for your past behavior? If only there were more angels like yo—

GoldenTimeDriving16

ARE YOU FREAKING

GoldenTimeDriving17

WHAT THE HELL, KOUKO, I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU

WHY

WHY DOES THE DRIVING IN GOLDEN TIME SUCK SO MUCH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

About these ads

32 thoughts on “The Car Driving in Golden Time #15 is Insane

1. froggykun says:

Ahahahahaha! I laughed until I cried at this entire post

Best Golden Time literary criticism~

2. lol, this article reminds me of how Scandinavians are probably the best drivers in the world. (“If you want to win, use a Finn.”) And how the entire Swedish population switched from driving on the left side of the road to the right with zero accidents reported on the first day.

But, yeah. They don’t seem to be using common sense at all–like most drivers in the world. But they could be worse: I hear that Italians will go in reverse on a major parkway’s exit ramp if they realize that they have gotten off on the wrong exit. >.<

• Marow says:

Oh, I didn’t know we were considered good drivers. Speaking of the switching from left-hand to right-hand traffic, where did you hear there were zero accidents? You sure you’re not mistaking it for deaths?

Note to self: don’t drive in Italy.

• I was reading Car and Driver one day, and they remarked that on the very first day of the change, there were no accidents. Since that’s pretty cool, it stuck in my memory. Perhaps, they got it wrong?

I also remember Sweden for the Saab I learned how to drive in. A wonderful car, but it started to need too many repairs. As the pun goes, every Saab owner has a Saab story. :)

• higgsbosoff says:

“I hear that Italians will go in reverse on a major parkway’s exit ramp if they realize that they have gotten off on the wrong exit. >.<"

You would NOT want to know how Italians drive in the southern part of the country. Let's just say that I've seen more than once people surpassing on the wrong side of the car, and that I've been twice close to be involved into a brawl with other drivers who stopped in the middle of the road just to pick a fight with someone who they thought had done them wrong.

On another note, this made me think of the notorious "worst car chase ever" video, the Violin of Hamelin one.

• I’ll have to take a look at the Violin of Hamelin at some point. I did not pay it any attention when it came out. Probably because I was focusing on the classics at the time.

I get the impression that I would rather use public transportation when I get to Italy. Are they all native Italians or do other European countries exile their worst drivers there? xD

• higgsbosoff says:

Natives. And absence of a good public transportation system is part of the reason for this behaviour (always talking about the South here. The North is much better from my point of view). It’s a sort of “law of the fittest” kind of mentality really. God forbid trying to cycle. Drivers will act like they’re actively trying to run you over. As in, how dare you slow down their precious dick complements while they try to express fully their power?

3. Overlord-G says:

Welcome to the top of the food chain Viking. It took you a while but you’re finally there. Congrats.

4. Hana says:

Haha this is hilarious XD
    I can’t understand why they couldn’t have stayed the night over at the beach. Was it really necessary to drive back, that same night, when every single person is deathly tired??? Oh, logic.

5. Hurvilo says:

I very much approve of this post.

Though Ilya already got this insane shit covered.

6. Hurvilo says:

MAEK IMG-TAGS WORK MAROW

7. papermario says:

Beautiful, had a good laugh over this. 2D-kun was a total asshole this episode.

8. Anonymous says:

>now Oka “Better than Kouko but worse than Linda” Chinami has joined this disastrous party
    Barbarafags eat shit

9. Kukuri says:

I really had to comment that I never put my bag on the floor since it’s dirty. And I don’t see what’s wrong with putting it on their laps like many does as well. I don’t get why you are so persistent on that point.

And anime is anime.

• Marow says:

In case of an accident, the bag will go flying since it’s a loose object. Many real-life accidents have unnecessary injuries (or even deaths) due to loose objects flying about.

Getting your bag a tiny bit dirty is nothing in comparison.

In Kouko’s case it’s especially bothersome since she sits in the middle seat and thus her bag will fly straight forward (since there’s no front seat blocking). Her bag, along with Chinami’s, also happens to “open” with no sort of zipper, meaning everything inside will fall out.

10. tobiichi says:

Wow, I needed that laughter. Hats off to you sir.

11. Mouse says:

Hehe… That amused me.. Though I also sat there reading through most of it going, that’s kinda common for drivers todo even if its not what they do to pass their tests as soon as they’ve past they change habits..

First example is how to hold the steering wheel, 10 to 2 or something, soon as I past I changed the way I held it to something more comfortable…

The hazards when pulling up to let cars know your stopping (usually somewhere you wouldn’t be expected to stop) is common place in the UK, its against the Highway code but people do it… They are creating a hazard and thus warn. It is also used to say thanks to someone who let them in etc as you mentioned.

Parking within 10 meters of a junction lol you should see my area… cars parked on the junction! :S Really annoying when you can’t see to pull out…

The seat stuff, if Kouko knew other people were going to be getting in due to her nature she would want to make sure she was sat next to her boyfriend so that’s understandable though I agree put the bad down lol

But yeah the sleeping stuff was bad… they should have had someone resting/sleeping while one was driving and swapped over… etc

Either way, good post made me smile and killed a few minutes while I’m awaiting for my work day to end lol

Thanks
    Mouse

What Do You Think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s